EmberSolace
We've moved! We're now at www.EmberSolaceGuild.org ! =)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

EmberSolace
We've moved! We're now at www.EmberSolaceGuild.org ! =)
EmberSolace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequently-Asked Questions

Go down

Frequently-Asked Questions Empty Frequently-Asked Questions

Post by Aidyn Fri May 02, 2014 4:42 pm

Here are some frequently-asked questions about Ember Solace and the application process.  Just click on the question to be taken to the answer.

• Is this the right place to post my application?
  • I saw that Ember Solace is an LGBTQ guild, but I'm not LGBTQ.  Can I still join?
  • Do you use voice chat?
  • Are members required to use voice chat?
  • Do you do Guild Missions?
  • If I'm on a server other than Tarnished Coast, can I still apply?
  • If I'm on a server other than Tarnished Coast, do I have to transfer to Tarnished Coast?
  • How much does it cost to transfer to Tarnished Coast?
  • You say 100% rep but you have some exceptions; how does that work?
  • Do I have to run certain builds or do certain events to stay in the guild?
  • Do you kick people for inactivity?
  • My friend/significant other wants to apply, too.  Do they have to fill out a separate application?
  • Do you have any kind of Trial Period?

Last edited by Aidyn on Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:02 pm; edited 6 times in total

Frequently-Asked Questions K8FMP36Frequently-Asked Questions 6ydPg3kFrequently-Asked Questions MfTFkGOFrequently-Asked Questions OfZ8naZFrequently-Asked Questions R69uKIVFrequently-Asked Questions SemjxdiFrequently-Asked Questions HI0xll7
Chibi of Rowyn and Loxi commissioned from Kazi of Tumblr.
Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Frequently-Asked Questions Empty Re: Frequently-Asked Questions

Q. Is this the right place to post my application?

A. Yes, this is the right sub-forum for applications.  Approved applications are moved to a separate sub-forum that applicants can't see, so that's why you don't see any other topics here.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frequently-Asked Questions K8FMP36Frequently-Asked Questions 6ydPg3kFrequently-Asked Questions MfTFkGOFrequently-Asked Questions OfZ8naZFrequently-Asked Questions R69uKIVFrequently-Asked Questions SemjxdiFrequently-Asked Questions HI0xll7
Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Q. I saw that Ember Solace is an LGBTQ guild, but I'm not LGBTQ. Can I still join?

A. Yes!  While we often advertise ourselves as an LGBTQ guild, we are a safe space for all different kinds of people, and we are also welcoming to allies.  Basically, as long as you respect and accept (not just tolerate) LGBTQ people, you are welcome to apply!

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidyn Fri May 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Q. Do you use voice chat?

A. Yes, we use TeamSpeak3.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Q. Are members required to use voice chat?

A. No, no one is required to use TS.  We recommend it for things that take coordination, such as tPvP or dungeons, but it's always a member's choice whether to use TS or not.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Q. Do you do Guild Missions?

A. Yes, we currently have all Guild Missions unlocked and do a Tier 1 Guild Bounty, a Guild Rush, a Guild Challenge, and a Guild Puzzle every Saturday after reset.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Q. If I'm on a server other than Tarnished Coast, can I still apply?

A. Yes!  We do accept members from other servers.  Here are a couple things you need to know.

1. Because of the new megaserver system, you can earn influence and benefit from guild boosts as long as you are on a North American server.  You will not have to transfer unless you want to do WvW with us (see below).
2. You will not be able to directly access our guild bank, but any of our Officers will be more than happy to help you deposit or withdraw items.
4. You will not be able to WvW (World vs. World) on Tarnished Coast unless you transfer.
5. If you are on a European (EU) server, you will not be able to guest at all, and will need to completely transfer to TC in order to do activities with us.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 3 times in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidyn Fri May 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Q. If I'm on a server other than Tarnished Coast, do I have to transfer to Tarnished Coast?

A. No.  It's recommended, for the reasons in the above question, but you don't have to.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Q. How much does it cost to transfer to Tarnished Coast?

A. Currently, it costs 1,800 gems (from the Gem Store) to transfer to Tarnished Coast.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Q. You say 100% rep but you have some exceptions; how does that work?

A. There is one exception to this rule:

1. A storage/bank alt, for briefly placing/removing items from a guild bank on the alt.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidyn Fri May 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Q. Do I have to run certain builds or do certain events to stay in the guild?

A. No.  Everyone can play whatever class they want with whatever build they want, and do (or not do) whatever events they want.  If you want to hang out in town and just talk in guild chat or on TeamSpeak, and never set foot in a dungeon, that's totally fine.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Q. Do you kick people for inactivity?

A. Yes, but only after one month of not logging into the game OR the forums.  We have a forum section for members to post a Leave of Absence if they're going to be gone for more than a week or so.  If a member has a Leave of Absence posted, they will not be kicked for inactivity for four months of not logging in.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Q. My friend/significant other wants to apply, too. Do they have to fill out a separate application?

A. Yes, anyone who wants to join has to fill out their own application.

Last edited by Aidyn on Sun May 31, 2015 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidyn Fri May 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Q. Do you have any kind of Trial Period?

A. Yes, we have a trial period that lasts one to two weeks.  During the trial period, you must complete the following objectives:

1. Choose an avatar here on the forums.
2. Write an introduction here on the forums.
3. Read and sign our Purpose and Principles.
4. Accept the in-game guild invite and represent.
5. Make at least five forum posts outside the application topic.

If you complete the requirements after approximately one week, we talk to see how things are going in the guild (making sure Ember Solace is still a good fit for you, etc.), and if that's going well, you become a full member.  If you have still not completed the requirements after two weeks, we contact you to see if you need an extension.  If you do not respond, we decline your application, but you are welcome to re-apply in the future.

Aidyn
Aidyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down